How to guides to stand up paddle boarding
Common sense SUP practice.
Stand Up Paddleboards are large, weighty objects. Please be aware of your surroundings to ensure you do not cause injury to yourself or others.
- Never SUP alone and tell someone where you are going, and when you plan to be back
- Check the forecast before you go(Click here for the Bureau of Meteorology)
- NEVER SUP between the flags!
- Avoid crowded beaches with shore breaks to reduce accident risk
- Be aware of tides and currents at a spot (Sit and watch if it's your first time)
- Novices in a crowded line up are not cool
- You can catch smaller/less perfect waves with your SUP.
- Always use a leg rope to minimise accidents with other people/objects
- Have FUN!